what is a doula?
A doula is someone trained and experienced in childbirth who provides continuous emotional, physical, psychological, and informational support to a birthing person during labor, birth, and the immediate postpartum period.
The benefits of a doula include...
- Reduction of interventions and complications
- Increased confidence in yourself and your partner
- Continuity in care: prenatal, labor, birth, and the immediate postpartum period.
- Higher success rate in breastfeeding
- Lowers anxiety and stress
- Reduced instance of postpartum depression
- Shorter hospital stays for babies with fewer admissions to special care nurseries.